Monday, July 25, 2011

BBcream Review: Etude House, Missha, Skin 79, Mioggi

I started using BBcreams last year when i keep on hearing great things about them, but only sparingly. But time after time, I started to use it regularly as foundation, and I really love it! It provides great coverage and it doesn't feel heavy or cakey like foundation does. I don't even need to wear moisturiser with the BBcream. If you are feeling really lazy like me, BBcream is all you need before applying make-up. Most of them have whitening and anti-wrinkle properties and SPF as well, so it's like several skincare products in one. Below are some of the BBcreams I currently own now:


From Left To Right:


1. Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 23 


I have to say this is probably the one that most resembles foundation. It provides a thick coverage, it feels a little heavy, and is really moisturising. This one covers absolutely everything all those imperfection and etc. However, sometimes, I feel that this one is a little too oilly for me, so if you have really dry skin, this one is perfect for you. 
2. Skin79 Dream Girls BBcream


I have to say that this is the most watery bbcream that I've ever bought. It's more like a tinted moisturiser/sun screen than anything because it has those UV blocking properties. I bought this bbcream because it was the cheapest one I could find at Pacific Mall in Scarbourgh when I forgot my entire make-up case. This sort of reminds me of the Covergirl feather light foundation featuring Taylor Swift, both of these have similar bottling package as well. It's perfect for the younger population aka teenagers who's starting to experiment with make up or as an addition to your skin care routine, but definitely cannot use this alone.

 3. Etude House Precious Mineral BBcream



This BBcream is really really creamy, and as you can tell, it goes on really light (my hand is just really really tanned, and my face is nearly 5 shades whiter than the rest of my body). Here, I've put way too much of it on my hand, because that amount can cover your entire face. It actually goes on a little dry, so I suggest using a moisturiser before using this, and it goes on quiet nicely on the skin. It provides coverage, and yet, it doesn't feel heavy.

4. Skin79 Super BB Vip Gold Collection


This is my absolute favourite bbcream ever. I've been trying to find another one that I like, but I keep on coming back to this one. There's another version of this, but it is exactly the same, and it's packaged in pink

Both of them are exactly the same thing, but are packaged differently, I'm not sure why. But regardless, I've bought them both and tried both, and they are absolutely amazing. This bbcream also acts like a moisturiser and it covers up any redness and blemishes that you have. Also, its not heavy, and its sheer and it gives you a dewy finish.

4. Mioggi BBcream

This is one of the first bbcreams that I've tried and it's not bad. However, I find that it doesn't provide enough coverage, so if you have close to perfect skin to begin with, this is the product for you. It goes on really light, and you doesn't even feel like you're wearing it at all. 

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream but i don't know if your colour will fit my skin tone. I'm Indian Asian and darker than you in shade. What do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam! There is a honey Beige colours that is more suited to your skin colour. You can see all the shades that they have here
    http://www.misshaus.com/pageControl.php?page=mainProductDetail&p_code=MSMS1052

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ps i love the new layout of ur blog :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy!! Where can I purchase the skin79 pink BB cream for a cheap price+fast delivery?

    ReplyDelete