Friday, July 8, 2011

Don't Want to Spend $$$ on Urban Decay Primer Potion?! No Problem!

Before creating this blog, I have went around YouTube and other make-up blogs on make-up tutorials and such, and I have noticed that almost 90% of them have use the Urban Decay Primer Potion before using eye shadow. Now, I have never tried the primer potion myself, because I wasn't about to go into Sephora and spend 25$ CAD for just small bottle(18$ CAD online @ www.sephora.com , but you need to spend over $50 for free shipping) of this and probably will have used up by the end of 1 month.

However, recently, I found an inexpensive alternative to this. Of course, its probably not as good as compared to the Urban Decay Primer Potion itself, but it definitely works for me.




I found this at my local Rexall drug store retailing for $8 (probably cheaper on www.ebay.ca). Now, I have been looking for NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in milk for a very long time, and at the moment, I have only found them retailing at Rexall. Not even Shoppers Drug Mart or Walmart has this line.

I used this along with the Kanebo Kate Line Spicy eyelinear in GY-1 because this eyeshadow goes really soft on the skin and it barely shows on my eyes.



So, I have swatched the colours of the the eye-liner along with the colours that I used the white  NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil as a base. 
Right Side is the original.
Left Side is how the colour shows using the Eyeshadow Pencil as a base.








As you can see, #1 and #2 barely shows up without the help of the white eyeshadow base. As for #3 and #4, the colour might have changed from brown/black to a greyish tone, but I think that has just made the colours look better. And when I use it on my eyes, it stays put all day long and is 100% crease-free. 

This is how it looks on my eyes:

I have also tried the eyeshadow on my Tokidoki Mozzarella Cromatico Palette in the LATTE colour. 



again, the Right Side is the side without the eyeshadow as a base. Left Side is the shadow with the base. 
Without the base, the eyeshadow looks like a yellow-y blue on my skin while adding the base gives a more true colour to it. 

So overall, I think this is a great alternative to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It goes on really creamy and is super bendable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment