Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Nails of The Day: Crystal Gradient Nails





I have done (tried and attempted) to do 3 different kind of nail designs before this one, and unfortunately, it kind of turned out really ugly because of my unsteady hands and ofcourse my nails being really short lately. So finally, after getting a few inspirations from ViVi magazine, I came up with this simple design.

Step 1:

With any sparkly white nail varnish, apply 1-3 coats of it, depending on how transparent your nail varnish is. Apply until opaque and let dry. I used the Sephora kind (I forgot the name)

Step 2.

With any pink Polish (I used a no name from that I got from Anime North lol), first apply a thin coat 1/2 way down the nail, then 1/3 of the way, and etc. until you get to the tip. This way, you are gradually building colour towards the tip of the nail.

Step 3.

Finally With a brush on nail glue, I used Nailene brand. You can use a clear nail polish instead, but I find using this dries faster and the crystals will stick on better. Use 2 crystals and stick them on the middle of the nail on the bottom as shown. Finish with a top coat if you desire.

You're done =)

No comments:

Post a Comment